A Certain Justice was good, but I feel like I read it before even though my reading logs have it marked as unread. I even checked the last printed version and it’s not highlighted, so I either missed it or have read something extremely similar. I’m pretty sure I missed it somehow because the events and the ending seemed too familiar. Oh well! I liked it, and it satisfied a bunch of challenge categories, so I have no regrets.
Now for shelf #17!
No one will be surprised that I plan to read The City We Became and The World We Make by N. K. Jemisin. I may also read The Love Songs of W. E. B DuBois by Honorée Fanonne Jeffers because I really want to read it, and while it’s nice to read a ton of books every month, I’ve noticed that focusing on that goal has caused me to avoid longer texts. The years I read fewer books overall are the years I read the most pages. It all evens out in the end.
Books I’ve Read:
- The Fifth Season by N. K. Jemisin
- The Obelisk Gate by N. K. Jemisin
- The Stone Sky by N. K. Jemisin
- Corregidora by Gayl Jones
- My Heart is a Chainsaw by Stephen Graham Jones
- Age of Vice by Deepti Kapoor
- Snow Country by Yasunari Kawabata